Sunday, August 2, 2009

RSS Agrigators

It’s been a while but I’m working through the various technologies. This post will about the RSS Aggregator. Well it took a while but I got it sorted. I chose Google Reader because I already had a Google account. I now have accounts all over the web. It’s just a simple cut and paste of someone else’s blog or home page and your monitoring their activity. You could use this in a couple of ways with students. One way would be to set up a group project with students contributing individually to construct a communal website. As the students contributed to the site you would automatically be updated on the progress and who was contributing.
George Siemens quotes Karen Stevenson in Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age when she says ‘I store my knowledge in my friends.’ RSS Aggregators fit neatly into Connectivism Theory. Siemens asserts that, according to Connectivism, learning rests in diversity of opinions and continual learning is facilitated by nurturing and maintaining connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment